La Salle Prep’s Counseling Department is committed to assisting all students in realizing their full potential as young adults entering an ever-changing and demanding society. The counseling staff provides a variety of services that respect and honor the needs and dignity of each individual student. The services contribute to the development of the total person in a Christian academic community.
The Counseling Department is committed to:
- Helping all students succeed academically.
- Helping students make informed choices about their lives.
- Helping students with personal problems that may affect their achievement, motivation or self-image.
- Helping students develop an individualized college plan.
With the support and involvement of the La Salle Counseling team:
- Students will understand: study skills and prioritizing tasks, time management, group studying, project refinement, standardized test preparation strategies, as well as, interpreting results, transcripts, graduation/college entrance requirements.
- Students will develop: decision making and healthy living skills, self-advocacy, a HS Academic Plan, career readiness skills of persistence and self-awareness.
- Students will explore: resources and support services, school and community involvement, college and career options.