Signum Fidei Program
For Students with Learning Differences
La Salle’s Signum Fidei (“Signs of Faith”) Program is designed to provide a Catholic educational option for students with moderate learning differences. Our program incorporates the Lasallian core principals of: Faith in the Presence of God, Respect for All Persons, Inclusive Community, Quality Education, Concern for the Poor, and Overcoming Injustice. With specialized instruction, small student/teacher ratios, regular on-going learning assessment, research-based literacy interventions, and transition planning, La Salle’s program fulfills Oregon Diploma requirements. We will offer opportunities to go beyond Oregon minimum requirements as appropriate. Ultimately, graduates from our program will demonstrate mastery of core concepts and exhibit citizenship with a dedication to serving others and their community. Signum Fidei graduates will be well-prepared productive citizens.
The application process requires the following on or before January 17, 2014 for priority consideration:
- Completed application for admission with $50 application fee
- Release of Information form
- Counselor Information form
- A complete copy of the current IEP, ISP, or 504 plan
- A Statement of Eligibility for Special Education from the student’s home school district. If you are unfamiliar with this documentation, please contact your home school district’s Special Services Department.
- Copies of most current psychological assessments or reports done by your child’s school or outside psychologist/counselor. Must be updated within the last 3 years.
- Request for records/transcripts for the 7th and 8th grades sent to applicant’s school
- Principal, Math, and English recommendation forms
- Counselor Evaluation form
- Learning Needs Profile form
After reviewing applications, the Admissions Committee will contact potential families to arrange the following:
- Parent and student interview
- Student reading assessment
- Site observation by La Salle Program Director
Letters will go out on Friday, March 14, 2014 notifying all applicants of their admissions status. If you have any questions, please contact Kam Kimball, Director of Admissions at 503.353.1413 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Moore or Amber Chambers, Signum Fidei Program Directors at email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in La Salle’s Signum Fidei program. I hope this information will assist you in your efforts to explore Lasallian education.